Lemme tell ya what. We've got lots to be thankful for under the umbrella. In addition to the unparalleled generosity we experienced on Give to the Max Day, we SUers have got so many wonderful things in our lives.
I am thankful for...
1. Puppies. ALL the puppies. Everywhere.
2. Always, my supportive family that takes care of my friends, believes in my work, and still loves me when I'm a little (okay, a lot) crazy.
3. All the wonderful (and infinitely interesting) people creating (and seeing!) new work in the Twin Cities. What an awesome place to play
1) I'm thankful for Savage Umbrella. Everyday I remember how blessed I am to get to work with such brilliant people! If I could go back in time and tell a much younger, a much less hairy Russ that one day he'll get to work with fantastic artists creating new and exciting work, he / I wouldn't believe it.
2) I'm thankful for my wonderful wife, Amber, who decided to stick around even though she knew it would mean many evenings where I am out working with Savage Umbrella! When I get down on myself or my art she is the one who pushes me. She keeps me going.
3) It might seem overkill by now, but I am so thankful that Minnesota voted no on the Marriage Amendment. There's still a lot of work. But there's also hope. And that's a good thing.
Carl Atiya Swanson:
After a long year, I am thankful that the elections are over, and that my guy won. I am even more incredibly uplifted by the voters of Minnesota, who saw that restricting rights, limiting love and denying others a voice has no place in the civil discourse of democracy - and that it was through ardent and impassioned conversation that the vote turned out the way it did. I am thankful that Savage Umbrella allows for the space of those conversations, for the public moments of presentation and dialog where we swallow our fears and pride and lay our work out for critique, but then also personally, as we joke and laugh and thresh out the best grain of our ideas. Our sound, our fury, our love, they signify us, and we are something. Finally, I am thankful for and ever indebted to my family; my parents, my sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents and to Stacy, with whom I have the privilege and joy of living and making a life. I would also be thankful if someone rents our beautiful old house. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/sub/3408477321.html
I am thankful for...
...having the opportunity to regularly explore and learn about all the things I'm interested in.
...the support of friends and family around me.
...Emily. And Henry. And sandwiches.
I am thankful for the love of friends and family; for the opportunity to do meaningful, rewarding work; and to be so fortunate as to live comfortably in such an uncertain world.
I am Thankful for...
1. Savage Umbrella!!
2. Russell (my fiance's) awesome new job!
3. My sewing machine! A beautiful Sears Kenmore that was once my grandmother's... it was made in the early 80's and is a beast! It's still stitching like it is hot off the assembly line and has helped me complete a metric butt-load of projects as of late!
I'm thankful for the Minnesotans who defeated two hateful amendments in the elections this November. I'm thankful for the Savage Umbrella family for welcoming me into the fold as graciously as they have. I'm thankful for The Muddy Pig for being my second home, well stocked with good beer and good cheer.
Caffeinated beverages, Doctor Who, and couch-cuddling.
1. The results of the recent election
2. Friends and family
3. Dark chocolate and red wine
1. The SU company. They do many unseen, small/large, and numerous tasks that support our company and each other's work. I think it's inspiring and awesome!
2. The SU board. They provide so much support and are always bringing new faces to events.
3. I'm also thankful because more than being business partners, we're also friends. It feels so good to welcome baby Izzy, celebrate engagements and weddings, and soon, throw a badass house-warming party (You know we'll do it, Carl!!). It's the life events that really, are the main-stage productions and the plays we create just surround and highlight our Life Productions. It's an excuse to spend time together, and that's the main thing. Together is better than alone. Get under the umbrella.
opening minds and broadening hearts attached to theater goers, Young Jean Lee for being inspirational always, and third wave coffee+the internet= getting good coffee even when you live in rural Maine.
I'm thankful for my awesome framily and my main squeeze sweetheart.
I'm thankful for my awesome job.
I'm thankful that Minnesotans voted the best way this year. Thanks guys!